Fire safety and evacuation training completed
Five months ago Heavenly Flower’s staff all attended fire safety training and on Saturday morning they again reported at the pre-primary school in Second Street, Lambton to attend the evacuation training provided by the City of Ekurhuleni.
It was a very educating and insightful training session and we learned proper emergency and evacuation procedures in the event of a fire. Some of the key goals we learned was:
- Understanding the major causes of fires in the workplace
- Learned how to prevent fires
- To look for possible fire hazards and report them
- Be aware of fire safety devices in offices and buildings
- Know what to do if a fire breaks out
- Learn how to evacuate quietly and calmly
- How to prepare for a fire emergency
- Participation in fire drills.
- Knowing evacuation procedures
- Knowledge and maintenance of fire protections systems
- Know how to use proper type of fire extinguishers
- The importance of keeping an updated class register
We are looking forward to the First aid training we will attend next month and would like to thank all the staff members for taking time out of their weekend to attend the training. A huge thank you to Mr Tefo Qothelo for the training provided and for answering all the questions we had in such a friendly and professional manner. It is always a pleasure being in your presence.
By educating ourselves we can educate the students and the community.